Careers and Training
We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care to our clients and if you do too, we would love to hear from you.
We are always on the lookout for caring, empathetic and passionate individuals to join the Eremea team.
For further information please feel free to call us on 1300 118 880 or alternatively fill out the contact form below.
About the business
Eremea Home Care Services is an approved home care provider that has been operating since 2002 providing people with in home support services allowing them to remain in their home as independently as possible offering choice, flexibility and control.
Eremea Home Care Services strive to provide a quality service which is indicated by our growth in the home care industry.
About the role
The care coordinator position is available 6 – 12 month full time contract.
The role of care coordinator is to work within the philosophy of Eremea Home Care Services and to ensure a good understanding of individual client needs, preferences and that services provided are tailored to the needs of the individual and delivered within budget and service expectations.
The care coordinator role creates partnership with consumers, their families, support networks, local communities and service networks, spiritual care support, relevant government departments and agencies to design of services supports them to meet their needs and goals using a consumer directed care approach. The care coordinator will demonstrate effective decision making practices and seek to prevent poor experience / outcomes for their client using their expertise to recover situations or plan for transitions. The care coordinator is responsible for leading, supporting and mentoring their team. The role has a level of professional accountability and responsibility.
This role is responsible for:
- The role is responsible for service development, ongoing consumer assessment and development & review of care plans in consultation with clients and key stakeholders.
- Leading, mentoring and supporting their team.
- Management and direct care of client’s needs
- Liaison with roster coordinators, case advisors/managers, accounts and any relevant external parties
- Receiving referrals and assessment of Clients care needs
- Coordinate the provision of quality person centered care according to the client’s needs, service/ care plans, funding available, and relevant policies and procedures
- Reporting of hazards
- Provide support to direct care employees to promote ongoing development, to develop skills and ensure competence in role requirements
- Providing direct care to clients / consumers when necessary
- Out of hours work may be required on a rotational basis to ensure a flexible response to client needs and after-hours phone service
Skills and experience
Skills and experience / More about you:
- Minimum of 3 year care coordination experience within the aged care industry
- Aged care package and NDIS experience
- Experience managing a team of skilled professionals
- Experience in operation effectively in a multi-site environment
- Ability to work Monday to Friday and to be flexible with your working hours
- Previous experience in Clinical case management
- High level of computer literacy, with a sound understanding of Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Word, client data management systems
- Able to navigate through the my aged care portal
- Excellent customer service skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of home care services and guidelines
- Ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail while keeping calm and focused
- Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent time management skills
- Be passionate and dedicated to excellent customer support services
- A current NSW drivers license, vehicle and safe driving record.
- Willingness to travel between Eremea headquarters and sites of service
- Have a current National Police Check and NSW working with children check
To apply – Please apply on our website www.eremea.com.au or through this site. You will need to attach a copy of your current resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 27/06/2018
Please note that all employment offers will be conditional upon a satisfactory criminal history check and the right to work in Australia.
We offer training for all Eremea staff, which is practical, rewarding and satisfying. Our trainers and assessors are qualified, skilled, supportive and experienced.
These certificates and diploma courses are nationally recognised and are offered to Eremea staff and to other organisations or individuals, at a competitive rate. These courses are also under the government approved traineeship scheme.