What is a Home Care Package?
If you’re currently considering in home care for yourself or a loved one, it might be worth looking at Home Care Packages. With funding provided by the Federal Government, a Home Care Package can assist and care for the elderly or individuals with special needs so they are able to live safely and independently in their own home. These packages are given with a care budget meaning that you can decide how it can be used. With more choice and flexibility you can decide which services are best suited to your needs.
There are four levels of support:
- Level 1 – for people with basic care needs
- Level 2 – for people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 – for people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 – for people with high-level care needs.
Am I or a loved one eligible?
Yes you may be eligible to apply for a Home Care Package. The Federal Government provides them for:
- The elderly who may require assistance so they can remain in their own homes
- People with a disability, dementia or other special needs that cannot be met through other specialist services.
However, to be allocated a Home Care Package, it is mandatory for you or your loved one to be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
Are you already in the process of getting assessed? Then give the Eremea team a call on 1300 118 880 so we can assist you. For further information visit myagedcare.gov.au to understand what funding you may be eligible for.